Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
Be part of a close-knit team solving some of the hardest challenges in host and network security in a fun and exciting work environment. We are seeking a current or upcoming graduate student to intern with our Cyber Security team located in Cambridge. MA, The ideal candidate will have proven interest in advance cyber technologies and be skilled in software design, coding, and testing.
Qualified candidates must have a strong desire to develop advanced solutions to complex, cutting-edge problems of importance to national security that span the entire computing environment. An understanding of the research process is preferred. Example research areas include physical system architectures, networking protocols, and cyber-physical systems. Typical projects result in proof-of-concept and/or proof-of-existence capabilities that often achieve first-of-their-kind innovations in a particular field.
As an intern you will contribute to a project sponsored by the U.S. Government working in agile, collaborative teams of 3-5 technical staff developing technology for domains like intrusion detection and prevention, malware analysis, reverse engineering, cyber testing, mobile app analysis, and cyber-physical systems. Come help us design, prototype, and test the next generation of advance cyber technologies!
• Student pursuing a MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field
• Available to work 40 hours per week
We're looking for candidates with the following skills:
• Proven interest in cyber-related technologies
• Strong programming skills, particularly in C/C++ or Java but also x86 (or other) assembly language, Python or Perl
• Experience with Machine Learning
Interest or experience with any of the following areas is a plus:
• Networking code development
• Operating system internals and/or kernel development
• Network protocol analysis techniques
• Virtualization and sandboxing
• Security topics like fuzzing, memory analysis, malware techniques, cryptography, etc.
• Static and dynamic binary analysis
• Low-level knowledge of any consumer electronics CPU (e.g., ARM)
• Large-scale problem solving and system engineering
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 126802BR 126802
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.