General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Researches, prepares and edits technical documents.
1. Researches, prepares and edits technical documents for publication, including user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
2. Reviews, researches, and edits information for preparation of contract deliverables.
3. Ensures documents meet editorial and customer specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
4. Interfaces with writers, illustrators, word processors, and subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing the edited draft for publication.
5. Participates in the creation of proposals and multi-media presentation materials.
6. Participates in the design and development of marketing brochures, conference programs, public relations announcements, and other materials when requested.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
2-5 years of related experience preparing and editing technical documentation.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in English, Journalism or a related discipline.