General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
GDIT is seeking systems security engineer possessing ISSO and/or C&A experience to audit/assess new and existing systems. This position directly supports the Intelligence Community and Law Enforcement agencies through the design and protection of digital forensic networks and applications. Position offers personal and professional growth in the realm of IA while managing the C&A of both new and legacy systems at strategic and tactical levels. Individual must be able to work independently and as part of a team to perform security systems engineering; security system administration; process/procedure development; security incident investigation; mitigation & response and systems recovery while serving the client's IAS to maintain systems C&A. Initial security clearance requirement is Top Secret however; the position affords a clearance upgrade to SCI, with CI polygraph.
- Performs security requirements analysis for and system design of computer systems with emphasis on system auditing/assessment for the accreditation process.
- Performs computer security incident response activities for a large organization; coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- 10 years of related experience in data security administration.
- Effective writing skills to develop/edit POAMs, accreditation packages, and system plans such as Incident Response, Contingency, Risk Assessment and Configuration Management.
- Candidate must be familiar with certification/accreditation of systems.
- Must have an active TS clearance and be willing to take and pass a CI Polygraph.
- Experience working and handling evidentiary material is a plus.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
#ZPost #CJPost #DPost
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience. 4 years additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.