Journeyman Network Engineer (Job Number:441609)
SAIC is looking for a Journeyman Network Engineer to come join our team in Springfield, VA. This is a network engineering position within the Vanguard Perimeter Security Division (PSD) engineering office, providing network engineering expertise over a Global LAN/WAN enterprise. The qualified candidate will possess and apply rudimentary knowledge regarding the engineering and implementation of network transport solutions. The candidate must be capable of configuring, testing, implementing, and maintaining networking (LAN/WAN) technologies and devices. The candidate must be capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes affecting network transport configuration/implementation. The position directly supports DoS on-site to provide network engineering services to over 100,000 customers globally.
- Works directly with the DoS customer to build, design, test and deploy enterprise network transport solutions utilizing Cisco routers/switches.
- Develop and deploy network engineering solutions in compliance with Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Participate in peer review of network configuration change requests prior to deployment.
- Implementation of configuration changes.
- Tier III Support and Maintenance activities.
- Service Requests: monitor, resolve, update and close service request tickets.
- Documenting network infrastructure components, drawings.
- Assist in developing and documenting procedures and processes.
- Basic understanding and analysis of network flows and OSI model.
- Experience implementing medium to large network solutions
- Experience in BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GRE, DMVPN, IPSEC, MACSEC, Multicast, Unicast
- Experience with Cisco network platforms: routers, switches, VPN concentrators, network management (ISR/ASR/Nexus).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Bachelor degree in a computer science/computer engineering related discipline or relevant experience
- 5+ years IT security/network engineering support experience (Engineering, Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
- Experience working directly with Government customer
-Technical writing and documentation/diagram skills (MS Visio/MS Word/MS Excel)
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess a US “TOP SECRET”security clearance
a) Cisco Certified Network Associate – CCNA
b) Experience with Cloud technologies, Microsoft Azure/Amazon Web Services
c) Experience with network monitoring tools (NeuralStar, HPNA, SolarWinds, Nagios)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 31, 2018, 2:32:35 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job