Patch and Test Technician (Job Number:441579)
- Candidate will be part of a team that manages the Patch and Test facility in a challenging and fluid work environment at MacDill AFB, FL.
- The candidate will provide Tier I/II support to manage and maintain connectivity for hundreds of devices supporting thousands of users including critical “VIPs” and multiple, autonomous, secure networks.
- Prioritize daily work tasks.
- Provide Tier I/II support for all tech control devices in HQ the AOR on multiple, autonomous, secure networks.
- Assist and coordinate with other critical IT sections within the Division to execute on tasks involving projects, troubleshooting, maintenance, and implementation of new services, devices, or connections.
- Travel the AOR when necessary to support IT services at Forward locations.
- Shift work flexibility a must.
- Open/track/close tickets on Remedy and Facit.
- Conduct daily inventory of assigned equipment.
- Maintain Master Station Log.
- Coordinate circuit outages and authorized system interruptions with DISA and other agencies.
- Configure and maintain cryptographic equipment.
- Troubleshoot circuit outages locally and abroad.
- High School equivalent and 10+ years related experience.
- Must have a current Top Secret clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Must be CompTIA Security+ CE certified or be able to obtain one within 90 days of hire.
- Extensive experience maintaining an operational long-haul communications facility in a high paced, diverse, military telecommunications environment.
- Extensive experience designing and maintaining long-haul data/voice transmission systems traversing various interconnect technologies (cable, fiber, satellite, etc).
- Experience with radio frequency (RF) systems.
- Experience with troubleshooting ATM, SONET and IDNX/PROMINA systems.
- In-Depth long-haul system problem troubleshooting/resolution abilities.
- Experience with cryptographic devices and secure data/voice transmission policies, processes and procedures.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Must have valid U.S. Passport.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs of equipment.
- Some experience with encryption devices such as KG-175 Taclanes and KIV-7M.
- Some experience with higher level transport infrastructure (ATM, MSPP, etc.)
- Some experience working with military Tech Control Facilities (TCF/PTF).
- Security+ CE desired.
- 8+ years of experience working in a Tech Control environment desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 31, 2018, 8:01:13 AM
Primary Location: United States-FL-MACDILL AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time