Combat Systems SME (Job Number:440945)
- SAIC is looking for a Systems Engineer with Combat Systems experience, and a TS/SCI clearance to support PEO C4I (SPAWAR).
- Candidate would be responsible to assist with the implementation of the Systems Engineering functions for various programs of record within PEO C4I.
- *Relocation bonus available for qualified candidates*
- Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Conduct SE activities based on sound engineering practices.
- Elicit and refine customer requirements.
- Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Demonstrated application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributed to development of new principles and concepts.
- Ability to recommend/make decisions on project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
Required Education and Experience:
- Degree in engineering, computer science or STEM Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience.
- Applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of advance degrees.
- Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders; government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
- Understanding of Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (PEO C4I) and Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) with prior experience with Naval Systems or Programs.
- Ideal candidate tours could include: AEGIS CO, XO, EMO, CSO, WCO, STO and Operations Officer.
- Qualified TAO aboard AEGIS platforms.
- Senior Enlisted Qualified AEGIS Combat Systems Coordinator also considered.
- Possesses an Active Top Secret/SCI.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 31, 2018, 8:01:27 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job