General Dynamics Mission Systems (https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/)
Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred
National Agency Check with investigation required U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
GDMS has an immediate opening for a Spacecraft Instrument Integration and Test Engineer and product development This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. GDMS employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Provide Instrument Ground Test Console-specific support for integration and test (I&T) of a major spacecraft instrument system
• Work directly with the NASA I&T Manager to coordinate I&T activities, including scheduling and personnel, to support system/spacecraft delivery
• Coordinate with team of test conductors and associated activities.
• Write and/or review test procedures as well as test software
• Participate in the conduct of I&T activities
• Contribute to and participate in reviews (preliminary design review, critical design review, test readiness review) and other meetings is also expected
• SHift work required for Major Instrument testing including EMI and thermal vacuum test (TVAC)
• Travel required to Spacecraft Manufacturing Facility to support Instrument integrations activity and observatory TVAC, Comprehensive Performance Tests (CPT) and Limited Performance Tests (LPT)
• Performs detailed technical analyses for a subsystem or system elements
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Fluent in STOL with a knowledge of other applicable Languages (Perl, Python)
Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Highly proficient written and verbal communications skills
Ability to multi-task
Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
Highly proficient ability in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
Highly proficient ability to clearly report relevant to sound systems engineering design
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
BS in Engineering or related disciplines. Experience in S/C and Instrument Integration and Test
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran