Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
Our Intelligent Software & Systems department t is seeking qualified interns to work on forward looking and projects in the areas of distributed systems, cyber security, information management, and virtual technologies. You will be exposed to all aspects of software engineering and be part of a team developing next generation capabilities for distributed and mobile information systems of tomorrow.
You will contribute to one or more projects sponsored by the US government and will work on a team with 3-5 other technical staff to design, develop, and prototype solutions in technical areas. .
The applicant will be working closely with BBN researchers. The work will involve building custom solutions for difficult problems sponsored by the US government. You will earn first-hand experience with some of the newest technologies in use today, and be a contributing member in a small, highly qualified and motivated research and development team. You will learn how to build state-of-the-art intelligent, adaptive and resilient systems with the mindset of providing tangible evaluation and demonstration of improved resiliency, performance and usability.
* Enrolled graduate student working towards a MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
* Coursework in any of the areas of computer and network security, computer languages, software engineering, distributed computing, and demonstrated skills in technical writing and publications.
* Strong programming skills, particularly in Java.
Interest or experience with any of the following areas is a plus:
* TCP/IP networking and other basic network concepts
* Cyber security knowledge at network, host, and application layers
* Semantic Web technologies, including ontologies
* Artificial Intelligence concepts, e.g., rule-based expert systems
* Model Checking and Static Analysis Techniques
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.