Senior Systems Engineer II – Systems Integration Test & Evaluation
Do you enjoy tackling technical problems no one has solved before?
Do you want to join a team that thrives on diversity of thought and innovative ideas?
If you answered “yes”, then the Raytheon Systems Verification Test and Analysis Directorate (SVTAD) is interested in you.Our elite team integrates complex technology, debugging and resolving interface issues as we produce, demonstrate and deliver state-of-the-art software for areas including radars, command and control platforms, missile systems and cyber defense. As an integrator you will learn the design principles of new systems by attending design reviews to determine their architecture, operations and interfaces. As a Systems Engineer you will design specialized technical testing to demonstrate system performance to our customers, typically including live fire testing in the field. Join a world class team of systems engineers who are building defense technologies to make the world a safer place. Explore some of the systems you may be working with as a member of our team.
Ballistic Missile Defense:
Air and Missile Defense Radar:
Opportunities for Systems Engineers currently exist within SVTAD's Systems Integration Test & Evaluation (SITE) Department in Huntsville, AL. SITE personnel execute integration, verification, validation, and sell off for numerous defense programs with a primary focus on domestic and international radar systems. They support the Mission Systems and Sensors (MSS) Business Area in Huntsville, AL. MSS is an integrated business team at Raytheon’s IDS that focuses on Radar technology. MSS develops Radars, land and sea-based, with systems that are able to detect, identify and track targets and objects at greater ranges, over-the-horizon and in space with greater sensitivity.
These engineers will support the advanced Radar technology; including hardware and software, for strategic and tactical Radars used as critical components in air and missile defense and situational awareness. You will support various engineering activities that include test and systems validation, modeling and simulation, requirements analysis, data analysis, flight test analysis and overall systems integration. Expect to plan and perform V&V assignments which include collaborating with others in determining method of verification, generating test plans and verification procedures, developing analysis tools to perform the verification, and documenting results in a V&V report. You must be able to travel as required to support program requirements.
This position can be a salary grade G09 Senior Systems Engineer II or salary grade G10 Principal Systems Engineer I based on qualifications.
Obtain a security clearance; U.S. citizenship is required for a security clearance.Desired Skills:
- 6+ years of experience in an engineering to include programming in MATLAB, C/ C++, or other higher level program languages
- Experience in radar systems test environments, and in development of test scripts and procedures
- Experience in Radar test lab environment
- Experience in development of analysis using simulation systems
- Experience with some form of the Systems Engineering Product Development Cycle Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical discipline
· All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
- Experience in development, analysis or test on radar systems, signal processing, electro-optical systems or components
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and IPDS
- Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively execute tasks, resolve unexpected issues and meet challenging schedules in a research and development program environment
- Ability to convey technical issues and provide status briefings to managers and key program stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to apply the engineering design process to discover innovative methods to solve technical problems and analyze large sets of system performance data
- MS/MA in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical discipline
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
"Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerAll these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.