What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Mission Systems and Sensors is seeking a Program Area Director (PAD) for the Missile Defense (MD) programs directorate. The Missile Defense radar programs span full product life-cycle support including development, production, and sustainment. The portfolio includes the AN/TPY-2 radar system for forward-based capability and integrated with the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system supporting the United States and partner nations. It also includes the Homeland Defense Radar IDIQ platform, the Sea Based X-Band Radar (SBX/XBR), the Ground Based Radar Prototype (GBR-P), participation in the missile defense National Team and initiatives in improved radar and system-wide discrimination.
Additionally, the Missile Defense portfolio includes Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programs with future growth in this area anticipated. This position reports directly to the Vice President of the Business, and has full accountability and authority for leading and managing the program area successfully.
The PAD acts as the primary interface with the Missile Defense Agency customer, representatives and/or consultants to ensure continued alignment with customer requirements and program execution. This position will require the ability to coordinate and effectively operate among multiple Raytheon business units, subcontractors, government agencies and the customer at both the senior/executive leadership and product execution levels.
Specific Tasks Include:
US Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active US Security Clearance as of day 1 of employment. Required Qualifications:
- Accountable and responsible for executing all programs and captures within the Missile Defense Programs directorate.
- Sets business strategy, vision, and tactical direction for program execution by multifunctional team(s) and sub-contractors with operations across all Raytheon IDS locations domestically and internationally.
- Responsible for meeting contractual commitments including the financial, quality, technology, and schedule performance using the approved business model and management tools including internal RTN systems such as EVMS, IPDS, PRISM, etc.
- Uses approved control systems and reports that accurately measure progress, identify potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken and ensures the meeting of contract commitments.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with customer. Responsible for supporting regular reporting to executive leadership on program performance, Annual Operating Plan (AOP) forecasting, monthly Monthly Operations Review (MORs) and quarterly Estimates at Completion (EACs).
- Collaborates with senior cross-business team and integrated-business team leadership to ensure the application of appropriate support resources to overall Business/Program execution efforts.
- Ensures alignment of human and capital resource requirements to achieve contract (s) performance.
- Ensure compliance with ITAR and Export requirements.
- Manages all efforts to successfully complete contract award fee standards and events with maximum scores.
- Minimum of 16 years of program management or related experience
- PMX Level 1 Certification or ability to obtain PMX Level 1 certification (or comparable external PM certification) within one year of being in role
- This position requires an active U.S. security Secret (DoD) clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Experience in leading large and complex programs
- Experience developing customer and program-enhancing partnerships with internal functional organizations such as contracts, finance, integrated supply chain, operations and mission assurance.
- Experience in managing cost, schedule and technical performance for a large program.
- Experience in planning and meeting five year plans and AOPs.
- Understanding and proficient use of program management tools such as Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Integrated Master Plan (IMP) / Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Risk and Opportunity Management (R&O) or similar business processes
- Experience in developing customer relationships to fulfill their needs and ensure their satisfaction and continued business
- Experience in strategic development, customer interface, or capture experience in the Defense Industry
- Experience and accomplished leadership and management skills in technical, programmatic and customer focused marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM or Business
- Ability to travel approximately 15-20% (domestic with most often visits to DC and HSV)
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- 16+ years of Program Management in the Defense Industry
- Demonstrated direct experience managing people or resources in organizations with budgets exceeding $500M
- Experience with FMS contracts
- Demonstrated experience with Radar production, subcontract and IOT management, Hardware development, and cyber security
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent, able to energize organizations to achieve beyond expectations
- Demonstrated ability to independently complete complex assignments and develop creative cross mission area solutions
- Exceptional judgment and decision-making skills
- Possesses in depth understanding of the DOD environment and acquisition process
- Ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team as well as the customer.
- Excellent written and oral communications including presentation skills.
- Experience in building and leading high performance and diverse teams.
- Executive level experience interacting and influencing customers
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic environment with time critical requirements.
- Master Degree in STEM or Business
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.