Point Mugu, Naval Air Warfare Center
The SVC Test Automation Department is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to implement common test automation solutions for programs and capital projects.
We are currently seeking a System Test Equipment (STE) software Development Engineer to join our dynamic and growing engineering team. This position will report to the Electronic Warfare STE Sustainment Section Manager at Raytheon Point Engineering Center, Point Mugu, California. The candidate will provide technical support to ALR-67(V)3 PBL Sustainment Team and other development programs as follows:
The STE Software Development Engineering Professional - candidate will be responsible for applying the latest technology and concepts in design, development and integration of System Test Equipment (including RF Test equipment) for EW programs.
The candidate will have use and/or application of basic principles, theories, and concepts understanding and ability to apply the technical theories, and systems engineering concepts to the software design, development and integration of engineering hardware. The candidate will work under direction of supervisor and will have contact with internal leads and technical mentors and will develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
The candidate will also support PBL sustainment activities, applying solutions to technical problems associated trouble shooting of existing STE software. This may include occasional travel to manufacturing facilities in support of operations activities.
• Internal and external Customer interface experience
• Ability contribute to the completion of routine technical tasks
• Good communications skills
• Ability and willingness to coordinate with internal supervision and team leaders
• Company Internship with Internal and external Customer interface experience
• Experience with tactical EW systems and execution of flight testing related activities
• Limited knowledge of Systems Engineering principles, including the engineering principles associated with test hardware and general purpose/special test equipment (STE) development
• BS in an Engineering discipline, Software, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Mathematics or Applied Physics from an ABET approved college or university and 2 years (minimum) of experience in Systems or Hardware Engineering or a PhD or MS degree and 0 years’ experience
• MS in Engineering, Mathematics or Applied Physics
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.