This position can also be a telecommuter eligible, per manager approval
This is a multi-level position (G08 or G09) based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibilities required for the position.
The Sr. Asset Mgmt Specialist is responsible for inventory management of assigned software assets for the purpose of ensuring software compliance of the RMS IT software environment and the most optimal utilization of the Company resources all while promoting asset management best practices. This position serves as the central point of contact for tracking and reporting on the IT software asset environment including managing, reviewing and evaluating data for opportunities to improve asset management position, license compliance and redeployment of available assets. Key functions will include asset discovery and management of assets in the current environment, software audit activities, license entitlement re-harvesting, monitoring software license usage, reconciling software license and entitlement counts, leading operations to ensure compliance with internal service level metrics, and status reporting on service maturity initiatives. The Software Asset Lead is also responsible for analyzing asset management processes and procedures with the goal to improve and streamline our efforts and results.
The role of the Sr Asset Mgmt Specialist is to effectively execute, analyze and lead all aspects of SW asset management, including but not limited to:
Coordinating and aligning with other areas involved with management of IT assets
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures related to the inventory and management of all licensed software products.
- Implementing and ensuring data accuracy of the Software Asset Lifecylcle Management Database (Software Management tools).
- Annual tracking and auditing all software licenses and agreements, and reconciliation of procurement records to utilized software licenses.
- Providing reconciliation results for processing of centralized software maintenance renewals
- Ensuring hardware and software license/contract assets are monitored and maintained in the asset tracking system
- Suppling monthly reports from software compliance tools for entitlement reconciliation and unauthorized software discovery.
- Coordinating with IT Contract Governance function to ensure supplier compliance with all terms and conditions of Software Licenses including maintenance effective dates, warranty periods, and technical support coverage.
- Provides recommendations to manager regarding license optimization and process improvements
- Serving as strong advocate of asset management, being able to promote best practices and explain benefits to Company.
Minimum Required Skills:
Highly Desired Skills:
- B.A / B.S. in STEM degrees and 4 years of related experience or a Master degree in STEM and 2 years of related experience
- Practical application of software compliance regulations and entitlement requirements.
- Direct experience working with software management and compliance tools (systems).
- In depth knowledge of Software Licensing models and industry best practices for efficient software lifecycle management.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical and data management skills (advanced Excel is a must).
- Ability to act independently with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Proven ability to coordinate & manage project issues, risks and changes.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- 6+ years of progressive software asset management experience involving entitlement reconciliations, software license reviews (terms and conditions), and risk management strategies.
- Software Asset Management Certification (CSAM, CITAM, CSM, ASM, ESM or similar)
- Knowledge & experience with Eracent and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Role has potential to grow into or strongly collaborate with Hardware Asset Management – corresponding skills and experience are desirable.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.