Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Title: Diego Garcia: NICET III Certified Fire Alarm Technician
Location: GB-IO-Diego Garcia Island
Job Number: 1074955
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS Technician - Inspection and Testing
We are currently seeking a qualified Fire Alarm Systems Technician – Inspection and Testing. Duties include ability to service, repair, inspect, and troubleshoot Fire Alarm Systems, Wet Chemical Systems, Dry Chemical systems and Clean Agent Systems. This position requires the ability to trouble-shoot, service, repair, modify and replace Fire
Systems. Knowledge of NFPA and UFC Fire Protection standards required .
NICET Level III Fire Alarm
C ertification required.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
Your resume must demonstrate at least two years of specialized experience in working on Fire Alarm Systems; four years is preferred.
This position requires the ability to service, repair, replace ,
inspect and test Fire Alarm Systems.
Experience with the following systems is a plus
• Siemens/Pyrotronics System 3 systems
• Siemens MXL systems
• Notifier NFS2-640 systems
• King Fisher KF1S and KF3S Radio Call Boxes
• King Fisher Company KFRTI-20/52 systems
• King Fisher KFRI Interface Panels
• King Fisher Company MCR2 receiver systems
• Cardox or Kidde High Pressure CO2 systems
• Ansul R-102 Systems
• Sapphire System certification
• Auto pulse detection certification
Monarch Dry Chemical Systems
• Viking J-1Wet Pipe Systems
• Automatic Sprinkler Company of America Alarm Valves
• Qualifications: National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies
(NICET) Level II required for Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems / (NICET) Level III certification preferred (or ability to obtain in reasonable period)
for Fire Alarm Systems; or State or Local certification or licensing acceptable to the AHJ.
• Inspecting and Testing Fire Alarm Systems to verify operations meet the prescribed standards
• Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting and repairs of Fire Protection Systems
• Identifying code and non-conformance issues
• Duties may also include installation of new Fire Alarm Systems
• Valid Driver’s License
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in the Fire Protection/Life Safety Industry including:
Experience in Fire Sprinkler Field
Extensive knowledge of various types of Fire Alarm Systems
(conventional, addressable, VHF radio transmitters and receivers, etc.)
• High level of knowledge & application of the National Fire Alarm Code and Unified Facility Criteria 03-601-02 and/or UFC 03-600-01.
• NICET Certification Level II for Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems or NICET II/III Fire Alarm Systems. • Must be thoroughly capable of reading, interpreting, and applying system design plans, as well as building construction drawings and documents.
Must be fluent in English
Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 12 months of remaining validity AND with at least 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
Must possess driver’s license with at least 6 months of remaining validity
Job: Fire Protection