Full Stack Cloud Software Developer
Job ID: 459457BR
Date posted: Nov. 01, 2018
City: King of Prussia
Program: Space Security Programs
Description:Are you ready to create world-class software that keeps our critical space assets safe? Do you want to work in a fast-paced agile environment that can get a little rowdy at times? Do you research emerging technologies and enjoy keeping your skills sharp? If so, you will love being a part of the Space Security division of LM Space in King of Prussia, PA.
We're seeking candidates who are passionate about their craft, adamant about product quality and focused on our customer’s mission. We constantly measure our employee’s success and reward our top performers through salary increases, bonuses and awards.
You will be designing state-of-the-art concepts while delivering innovative and affordable capabilities in a new and emerging area of protecting USG space assets. You will be working on a mission that you can be proud of, knowing that you are making a lasting difference in the world and in the Space domain.
The successful candidate will serve as a software developer for a team tasked with setting up an open architecture infrastructure and developing web services and modern user interfaces to meet mission needs. Our developers are empowered to sign up for tasks that interest them and have an opportunity to demo their work to external stakeholders up to every two weeks. Candidate should have a background in software architecture/design/development in a cloud computing environment, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or OpenStack. Experience with database architecture (including relational and NoSQL databases), RESTful services, and publish/subscribe style messaging is also desired.
We employ engineering professionals who have a commendable work ethic, good communication skills, a great attitude, be a result oriented team player, creative thinker and problem-solver, and follow all ethical standards of the Lockheed Martin Corporation.
Candidates without existing TS/SCI clearances will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to USG classified information.
- Demonstrated proficiency in software development using Java and/or C# languages
- Basic understanding of open architecture, cloud computing design, and security principles
- Knowledge/experience with cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon Web Services or OpenStack)
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a collaborative environment
- Must be eligible to obtain TS/SCI clearances
- Current TS/SCI clearance with an SSBI within the last 5 years.
- Demonstrated experience working in Agile teams leveraging Scrum, Kanban or other methodologies and/or understanding of Agile development concepts
- Understanding / proficiency in application containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experienced in common DevOps methodologies and knowledgeable in tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, GitLab, etc.
- Experience designing microservice-based architectures
- Experience with test automation and continuous integration and deployment
- Experience developing and deploying apps to the cloud
- Experience in refactoring, rebuild, or redesign required during cloud migration activities
- Experience integrating disperse systems via machine-to-machine interfaces
- Experience with Open Architecture standards (e.g., OMS, UCI, etc.)
- Experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Proven effective teaming skills (co-located and virtual)
- Experience developing applications on multiple platforms, e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, etc.
- Strong background developing /debugging and/or testing of web applications and web services
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2