full-time employee contract
Cyber Security Analyst
ManTech International has an opening for a Cyber Security Analyst at Fort George G. Meade, MD supporting Joint Force Headquarters-Department of Defense Information Network (JFHQ-DODIN). JFHQ-DODIN is a component command of USCYBERCOM, and is aligned with the Secure, Operate, and Defend the DODIN mission area. JFHQ-DODIN executes Command and Control (C2) of DOD components that conduct DODIN operations and Defensive Cyberspace Operations-Internal Defensive Measures to ensure the DOD has a secure and reliable information infrastructure, and to minimize intrusion attacks. The analyst will be assigned to an element that will focus on a designated area of operation (AO) within the DOD.
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of the current status of Orders issued by JFHQ-DODIN, and subordinate organizations compliance with issued orders
- Provide near real time situational monitoring of an aligned AO to achieve, sustain, and present a near real time situational understanding of the AO’s operational environment. To include:
-- tracking ongoing operations, the posture and disposition of friendly forces and adversary activity
-- monitoring, consuming and analyzing operational, intelligence, and incident reporting
-- monitoring and querying Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools (e.g., Splunk, ArcSight, McAfee Network Security Manager, etc.) for anomalous activity
- Collect, analyze and distribute Indicators of Compromise (IOC) in support of the development and implementation of DOD countermeasures
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of practices and controls to mitigate threats and vulnerabilities; and develop dashboards that illustrate the effectiveness of risk mitigation over time.
- Coordinate DODIN Operations and Defensive Cyber Operations with DOD cyber components; obtain situation reports, incident response efforts, and obtain information for briefings, presentations, or other situational awareness products used to inform senior leadership
- The analyst must be able to work independently (where required) to achieve day-to-day objectives work and as part of a team
- This is a shift-work position; analyst maybe assigned to a day-shift, swing-shift (afternoon), or mid-shift (overnight); to include potentially weekends and/or holidays.
- Applicant must possess an Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 6+ years of overall related experience; An additional 4+ years of information technology and/or cyber experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Share point
- Knowledge of Windows and/or Unix operating systems
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN design and general internetworking technologies
- Knowledge of security principles, approaches, and technologies (Defense-in-Depth)
- Knowledge of IT security architecture and design (firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, Endpoint protection)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
- SIEM Tool Experience
- Knowledge of DOD Cyberspace Operations (JP 3-12)
- Knowledge of the DoD orders process
- Knowledge of DOD’s Cyber Incident Handling Program (CJCSM 6510.01B)
- Knowledge of DODIN Transport (DODI 8010.01)
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity Activities Support to DODIN Operations (DODI 8530.01)
- Familiarity with Joint Reporting Structure guidance (CJCSM 3150.05D, CJCSM 3150.07E)
- Familiarity with conducting risk assessments (NIST SP 800-30 Rev 1, Guide for Conducting Risk Assessments; DODIN Risk Assessment Methodology)
- Familiarity with enhancing trust in email (NIST SP 800-177, Trustworthy Email guidance)
- Working knowledge of DOD Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) Viewer
- Working knowledge of Packet Capture (PCAP) and analysis (Noesis, Wireshark)
- Working knowledge of DOD Boundary and SIEM Tools (DISA Enterprise Collaborative Operational Sensor suite JRSS, etc.)
- DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II or higher; Security+ce.
Clearance: Top Secret with SCI eligibility (TS/SCI)- Mandatory
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Duty: This is a shift position. Must be willing to work various shifts that may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
POC: Please apply on-line and contact our recruiter, Mark Aschenbach, email@example.com, (703) 488-2073