full-time employee contract
Cybersecurity Analyst -- Palo Alto SME
ManTech has a current job opportunity for a Cybersecurity Analyst-Palo Alto SME. This position is located at Scott AFB in O’Fallon, IL. Clearance Required: Top Secret.
Be a subject matter expert on Palo Alto Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS). Develop and tune signatures for Palo Alto IDS/IPS systems defending the Department of Defense Information Network. Perform cyber threat intelligence analysis, correlate actionable security events, perform network traffic analysis using raw packet data, net flow, IDS, IPS and custom sensor output as it pertains to the cybersecurity of communications networks, and participate in the coordination of resources during incident response efforts.
• Develop and tune Palo Alto Intrusion Detection and Prevention rules and signatures.
• Triage alerts to identify malicious actors on customer networks.
• Review DoD and open source intelligence for threats.
• Identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and integrate those into sensors and SIEMs.
• Report incidents to customers and USCYBERCOM.
• Active Top Secret clearance with TS/SCI eligibility shown in JPAS.
• BS and 8+ years of prior relevantexperience (4+ years of related experience may be substituted in lieu ofdegree)
• DoD 8570 IAT II (Security+ce or equivalent) prior to starting and CSSP-A Certification (CEH or equivalent) within 4 months of hire.
• Extensive familiarity with intrusion detection/prevention methodology.
• Experience with and ability todevelop and tuning Palo Alto IDS/IPS signatures and rules.
• Demonstrated understanding ofTCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols.
• Demonstrated understanding of thelife cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
• Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
• Willing to perform shift work.
• Advanced certifications such asSANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP and/or SIEM-specific training andcertification. (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent).
• Palo Alto certifications (ACE,PCNSE).
• CND experience (Protect, Detect,Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization or Security Operations Center.
• Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cybersecurity domain
• Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
• Familiarity or experience inIntelligence Driven Defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
• Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
• In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar,LogLogic, Splunk).
• Experience and proficiency withany of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics.
• Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
• Unix/Linux command line experience.
• Scripting and programming experience.
Location: Scott AFB, IL (O'Fallon, IL)
POC: Mark Aschenbach, firstname.lastname@example.org, (703) 488-2073.