The Quality and Mission Assurance (Q&MA) Organization is responsible for ensuring our products are safe, reliable, and maintainable. Our disciplines participate in the total Life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. The Q&MA organization is seeking a Principle Systems Engineer to focus on increased product reliability. The Principal Systems Engineer will work with minimal direction and will exercise considerable latitude in technical decisions to meet customer requirements. The Principal Systems Engineer will represent Reliability Engineering within Q&MA as a key member of their program and their functional discipline.
Responsibilities will include identifying key issues and addressing them with optimal technical solutions including; monitoring program technical execution, interfacing with customers, program offices, subcontractors, and vendors as well as effectively coordinating tasking with production and manufacturing Q&MA personnel.
The Principal Systems Engineer must be knowledgeable in the following disciplines and processes: reliability modeling, allocation and prediction, Failure Reporting Analysis Corrective Action System (FRACAS) processes, part stress and de-rating analysis; be proficient in failure diagnosis and data / trend analysis; and have familiarity with common industry reliability analytical tools, i.e. Relex / Windchill, ASENT, Reliasoft, etc., Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), reliability demonstration / growth testing, and Electronic Parts / Circuits Tolerance Analysis (EPCTA) / Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA).
This position is located in Louisville, KY and will emphasize reliability production and sustainment. The candidate should have proficiency in and ability to apply Reliability Engineering techniques and processes, such as:
• Possess project management skills - Ensure establishment of an executable project plan, schedule, budget, resource requirements, and performance standards
• Ability to take an analytical approach and utilize technical knowledge to solve challenges with optimal solutions
• Experience with statistical analysis techniques
• Capable of executing / applying root cause analysis at a system level
• Be a critical systems thinker, capable of understanding how a system operates and using available information to make an informed decision on the effects to the system’s reliability
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
• A minimum Six years of related reliability systems engineering experience
• This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
• Familiarity with and apply reliability tools, e.g. Relex / Windchill, ASENT, Reliasoft, etc.
• Possess strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills with the ability to manage a reliability program and provide direction to subordinate personnel
• Multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
• Self-starter with the ability to independently pursue information and solve complex problems
• Familiarity with other functional disciplines’ modeling, simulation, analysis, and testing techniques, methods, and related processes, e.g. structural, thermal, EEE / EMI / EMC,
material science, components engineering, analog / digital / power electronics design, etc.
• Can organize and deliver presentations that communicate complex issues simply yet accurately
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelors’ Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here: All About Security Clearances
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.