Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is looking for a Material Program Manager (MPM). You need to be a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills and be directly accountable for ensuring overall supply chain performance. You must be a self-starter, capable of developing and achieving organizational and program objectives, and must be able to successfully interface with all levels of internal management as well as supplier management.
You serve as the leader for all programs’ supply chain activities and are the liaison between the program office, other functions, and the Supply Chain organization. You will be a member of the program office that participates in Program Performance Reviews (PPRs), Program Change Control Boards (PCCBs), Risk & Opportunity Review Boards (RORBs), and Engineering Review Boards (ERBs). You are also responsible for the development, coordination, and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. You will work closely with the Program Manager, Engineering, Mission Assurance, and Operations to create common schedules based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP). Responsibilities span from the front end of the business supply chain activities through contract closure. We need an individual who will be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the program.
The ideal candidate will have project management, government contracting, and financial management experience and have had project management responsibilities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Risk and Opportunity management
- Briefing in customer forums
- Working in cross-functional teams
- Developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans
- Creating, managing, and executing the material program strategy (MPS) and the material program plan (MPP)
- Providing comprehensive supply chain support throughout the life of the program and ensuring compliance for the programs
- Overall ownership of the supplier management process
- Communication of customer flow through requirements
- Developing and leading supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions and bases of estimates
- Identifying and developing opportunities for small business participation
- Developing and tracking financial short-range outlooks (SRO) and estimates at complete (EACs)
- Collaborating with other programs to maximize efficiency of program execution
- Minimum of 8 years of combined work experience in functional areas of Supply Chain, Finance, Operations (including Production Control), or Project Management. Of those 10 years, a minimum of 1 year must have been in Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations
- Experience working in the DoD Aerospace & Defense industry
- Experience achieving goals in an matrix environment
- Experience in managing to a budget
- Experience providing inputs into or reviewing EACs
- Experience communicating complex concepts or ideas in a clear and concise manner to various levels of internal management
- Demonstrated strong analytical and prioritization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience managing software development efforts
- Experience in proposal and new business capture
- Experience developing and analyzing performance metrics as well as experience proactively addressing associated program and functional issues
- Experience with supplier management
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
- Material Program Manager certification, Program / Project Management certification
- Earned Value Management certification
- Working experience as a Cost Account Manager
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Bachelor Degree (BA or BS) in Business Management, Engineering Management, Industrial Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Operations, or other related fieldDesired Education:
Master Degree (MA or MBA) – Management, Supply Chain, or Business 127002
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.