The Hardware Quality Engineer will provide quality engineering support and expertise to Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems to ensure compliance with contractual, company, and regulatory requirements. Provide education and knowledge on the use of quality tools in the administration of the Quality System. Apply quality engineering skills to develop and deploy effective and efficient methods for verifying and accepting processes and products, including the use of quantitative and qualitative tools.
Specific duties include leading Preliminary Review and disposition of hardware defects; Material Review Board activities; First Article Inspections (FAI); nonconformance review; direct factory floor support; hardware sell-off; DCMA (Customer) interaction; trending/analyzing data and root cause/corrective action investigations for Corrective Action Board (CAB) activities. The Hardware Quality Engineer will be able to work within a cross-functional, matrix organization in which there is close interaction and collaboration with Program Quality Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering, Operations and other Support Engineering disciplines.
Key Hardware Quality responsibilities may include:
- Establish the implications of disassembly during rework or repair activities.
- Perform first article inspection (FAI).
- Assure special test equipment (STE) and tooling comply with approved assembly and tooling drawings, assembly instructions, test procedures and metrology requirements.
- Perform lab and/or manufacturing center audits to verify product safety requirements are adhered to throughout build and test, including electrostatic discharge (ESD), foreign object damage (FOD), critical lifts and storage.
- Manage dropped and damaged hardware processing and incident reporting.
- Assure identification and segregation of all out-of-tolerance equipment and tooling, and assure investigation into product impact.
- Minimum of 6 years related professional engineering or quality experience
- Minimum of 3 years as a Quality, Manufacturing or Engineering professional
- Experience with project/program bid and proposal development
- Experience with AS 9100 quality management systems
- Experience with project management and risk and opportunity management
- Experience with microelectronic fab, manufacturing and assembly
- Experience with metrology, measurement tools and practices
- Ability to write clear presentations and technical reports, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong organizational, collaborative and communication skills
- Must be able to travel as required to support external customers and suppliers
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience working with external suppliers and mechanical inspection techniques
- Experience in supporting design and manufacturing processes and have the ability to work within a cross-functional team environment
- Experience with Six Sigma methodology and tools such as lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Hands on use of statistical process controls for process monitoring, qualification and/or design feedback
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in failure analysis, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions.
- Knowledge and application of business acumen
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in failure analyses, root cause analysis using 6s techniques such as fault trees and fishbone diagrams, and implementing and enforcing corrective actions
- Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts such as DFMA, Input-output diagrams, and SPC
- Ability to manage and develop balanced supplier relationships built on partnerships and required performance
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to collaborate and team with multiple internal functions and external organizations to provide best value solutions to our customers
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or Technology.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.