This position can sit in our El Segundo, CA or Dallas, TX locations.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is seeking an experienced professional as Mission Assurance Lead to implement and manage processes to deliver compliant systems and specific customer quality flow down requirements throughout the lifecycle for the NGJ programs. The selected professional will create or tailor existing planning to administer customer and internal quality requirements to the NGJ Program teams and supply base. The selected individual will perform with minimal supervision to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of electronic assembly/manufacturing processes, integration and test operations and procedures in a high-reliability environment.
- Review contractual documentation to assure correct and consistent flowdown of customer mission and/or quality requirements to the program leadership team, functional teams and subcontractors/suppliers.
- Identify and mitigate cost, schedule, technical and quality risks as a member of the Program Risk and Opportunity Management Board (ROMB). Solicit inputs from System Assurance (SA), Hardware, Software, and Supplier Quality.
- Communicate program goals, objectives, requirements and customer feedback to all Mission Assurance disciplines, cross-functional program teammates and supply base to assure alignment.
- Leverage Mission Assurance best practices to influence business decision makers to assure efforts are properly focused on customer care-abouts and requirements associated with mission success.
- As a member of the program leadership team, assure the program’s compliance to business and contractual requirements.
- Chair or co-chair program corrective action board (CAB) or equivalent methods assuring measures and metrics support a continual improvement agenda.
- Provide Mission Assurance disciplines with program direction to assure quality tasking is accomplished within budget, on time and as defined in program planning. Define, collect, analyze and maintain Mission Assurance metrics for program and functional use.
- Review and approve the Engineering program documentation, including specifications, requirements, specification control drawings, altered item drawings, assembly drawings, test plans, procedures, instructions and standard operating procedures prior to release for correctness to technical standards.
- Assure the impact of advisories, such as supplier, Rapid Information Sharing and Alerts (RISA), Government Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP) and customer advisories, are considered.
- Have direct interface with program management, cross-functional program leadership, suppliers, customers and government representatives.
- Assure program lessons learned are captured at the end of each phase of the program life cycle and included in closure activities.
- Minimum 8 years of related experience in Quality or Engineering in development, production, test and sustainment (Depot) in a high-reliability environment.
- A working knowledge of Quality Management Systems IS09001 and AS9100, First Article Inspections per AS9102, Configuration and Data Management, and implementation of internal and contractual quality requirements.
- Ability to collaborate with program cross-functional team members to develop practical solutions to complex problems.
- Strong Quality data extraction and analysis skills.
- Practical knowledge of Material Review Board (MRB) processes, high reliability requirements verification and validation, supplier quality, software quality, and hardware quality engineering practices.
- Strong written/verbal presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Some travel is required.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- A working knowledge of Special Test Equipment development / procurement / transition to production.
- Working knowledge of Raytheon RCAS or a proven closed loop corrective action system.
- Experience with Raytheon IPDS/Gating or program phasing.
- Raytheon Six Sigma Certification or Six Sigma Greenbelt.
- ASQ CQE, CQM/OE, CQA.
- Existing DoD Secret Clearance.
- Raytheon Mission Assurance Lead Certification Desired.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Technology, or QualityDesired Education:
Advanced Degrees in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Technology, or Quality 127026
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.