This opportunity is for the role of Hardware Quality Engineer (HWQE) in the Engineering Quality department of Mission Assurance in support of one or more programs in the Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) business area of Raytheon. Engineering Quality ensures program execution in accordance with IDS directives and the Raytheon Quality Management System (QMS) which is based on AS9100C/ISO 9001:2008.
Hardware Quality Engineering (HWQE) provides expertise, guidance and management of issues encountered during, design, development, unit testing, build and installation of electrical and mechanical hardware.
This includes ensuring proper execution of root cause analysis and corrective and preventive action; continuous improvement; compliance with IDS policies and procedures; deployment and alignment of the quality engineering processes.
Hardware Quality Engineering scope includes participation in Peer Reviews and formal inspections of work products as defined in Program Planning Documentation. Quality is a required member of the release and Change Control Boards (CCB). Typical examples of the documentation and program activities that Hardware Quality Engineering supports include:
• Plans and Procedures
• Drawings, Schematics, etc.
• Technical Data Packages
• Statements of Work (SOW)
• Design review packages
• Serialized Assembly Records
• Test plans and reports
• Failure Review Board
• Test and Sale Readiness Reviews
• Dry run and formal Functional/Performance testing
• Customer interface
• Gate Reviews
• Formal and informal peer reviews
• Task statement creation and review
• Review of purchasing documentation
• Change control board
• Review/approval of production shop orders
• Creation, tracking and closure of nonconformances
NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
· Minimum of 4 years of experience in Quality Sciences and/or Engineering
·Experience with analytical skills in root-cause analysis and/or corrective/preventive actions.
· Ability to identify root cause, initiate/implement effective corrective actions and track corrective action to closure.
· Demonstrate high analytical skills and strong problem solving skills. Possess the ability to apply data driven decisions, specifically relating to statistical analysis, to drive sound business acumen.
· Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to coordinate with product and functional teams.
· Existing Secret clearance or ability to obtain one.
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with quality systems, MDA Assurance Provisions, ISO/AS 9100, CMMI, quality concepts and general understanding of aerospace/defense regulations and standards.
• American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification, R6s Expert or Six Sigma Black Belt
• Experience preparing and presenting product utilizing Government DD-250 and DD-1149
• Familiarity with radar systems/concepts
• Experience with common Product Data Management (PDM), and shop production tools
• Raytheon MACP Level 5 certification
• Raytheon product readiness and sale certification
Required Education (including Major):
B.S. degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Physics or other technical field.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.