Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
The Hardware Engineering Department has the responsibility to provide, develop, and maintain the hardware and network design of all Intelligence and Information Services products for the NISSC contract in Colorado Springs, Omaha, and Vandenberg. In the role of HWE, the individual will be responsible for installation of new hardware, working with the network engineers to perform installation and check functions, be able to familiarize yourself with the hardware specification documents.
Note: Candidates with a current Secret Security Clearance or higher are eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by Raytheon.Required Skills:
- The HWE will be responsible for working with the Colorado Springs Hardware Infrastructure Team (HWI) members to configure, deploy, maintain, and support Raytheon’s NISSC delivery orders.
- The HWE is responsible to accompany the HWI team to install, troubleshoot, cable, checkout, and move hardware in various rack mounted systems or desktop environments.
- The individual is expected to work in a team environment, receive inputs from his/her lead and provide guidance and/or direction to other team members on the Hardware Infrastructure team. They are also expected to network with other Raytheon support team members across the organization to gain alignment.
- The HWE will be expected to work on diverse projects and assist in determining and developing approaches and solutions. The individual will be required to provide support the effort throughout the product lifecycle, from initial concept to a fielded product.
- Responsibilities include providing technical support for hardware installations, working independently with minimal supervision, assist in reviewing technical documentation such as rack design and system design specifications.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Bachelor Degree with 0-2 years of related experience required
- Experience with at some of the following Tools: Solidworks, Autocad, MATLab
- Experience with Cyber concepts such as RMF and STIGs
- Experience using Windows based workstations and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Required Education (including Major):Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) with emphasis in Computer or Mechanical Engineering and 2+ years of related work experience or 10 years of related work experience in lieu of a STEM degree
- Experience with Windows based computer hardware
- Ability to work well in a self-directed environment with minimal guidance
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams and multi-task
- Familiarity with and knowledgeable reading mechanical detail and assembly drawings
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.