General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Fabricates and assembles sheet metal products.
1. Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, bending rolls, and punch and drill presses to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal.
2. Shapes metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer.
3. Sets up and operates soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts.
4. Smoothes seams, joints, or burred surfaces using files and portable grinder or buffer.
5. Installs assemblies according to blueprints, engineering sketches, written instructions or manuals.
6. Inspects assemblies and installations for conformance with specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, and micrometer.
7. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
3-5 years of related sheet-metal fabrication experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Technical or vocational training preferred.