BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Customer Relations Coordinator ensures coverage of the front desk, general inquiry and home office customer service lines during operating hours. They answer incoming calls for the corporate headquarters, answer general inquiries from customers calling the Customer Relations department and resolves and/or transfers calls appropriately. Calls originate from customers, general public, vendors and CarMax associates. In addition, the position provides supplemental administrative support to the Customer Relations department, such as updating spreadsheets and word documents. They distribute and respond to work assignments within the department such as letters, emails, reviews, and BBBs etc.
They provide support to the front desk by greeting and checking in visitors, vendors, and associates. The CRS communicates with the Home Office on key messages, such as lost items or vehicles with lights on in our parking garage. They work with other departments to ensure that all lobby operations are handled appropriately, including partnerships with Facilities, LP and Human Resources etc. They ensure manuals and processes are updated for the front desk and for internal processes and trains the team on changes. The CRS supports Customer Relations onboarding by assisting new hires by shadowing and providing feedback. They identify opportunities to improve processes and quality to benefit the customer, stores and team and work with their manager to implement approved changes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide excellent customer service to general inquiry calls from customers and/or politely route calls to the appropriate party as appropriate. Enthusiastically assist customers that call with questions about purchasing a vehicle or are in need of some general assistance. Ensures that daily, weekly and monthly service level agreements are achieved. Identify and transfer requests for internal contacts in a warm and friendly manner. Greet home office visitors.
• Respond to assigned emails, review sites, letters and other general inquiry contacts
• Creates and updates Coordinator book and training manuals, ensures they are housed in a central place and trains the team on documents created
• Support new hires by shadowing, completing call reviews and providing feedback. Provides feedback on calls to peers and visiting managers.
• Research and partner with appropriate departments to obtain current structure to identify issues with routing calls efficiently and work with Manager to resolve
• Misc meetings, special assignments and or projects
• Pull Daily reporting
• Evening support as needed to support the business, up to two nights per week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to provide customer service in a positive and professional manner
• Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, and customer service skills
• Ability to represent CarMax in a friendly and calm manner with respect for all customers, vendors and associates
• Ability to listen effectively
• Ability to use multi-line phone system
• Ability to apply business knowledge when connecting caller to correct department
• Ability to use systems to assign and respond to general inquiries
• Provides rapid response to IT, Technology, Facilities, and Security issues as they arise
• Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet changing deadlines, and dependable
• Work well in a team environment, energetic, professional and positive
• Must be flexible, adapt to change easily, and able to exercise independent discretion on matters of significance
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• At least 2+ yrs Customer Service experience or equivalent work experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Ability to use database software