Senior WAN Engineer (Job Number:441654)
- A successful candidate will serve as a Principle Network Engineer for the NASA NICS corporate network Engineering Group.
- Job responsibilities will include design, engineering, configuration, testing, and documentation of network architectures and configurations including routers, firewalls, switches, network management tools and other information technology products in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol environment.
- In addition, the candidate will develop cost estimates and detailed designs for corporate voice, corporate custom, and corporate dedicated and routed data services.
- Candidate must provide technical leadership to project teams in design, testing and validation and implementation of corporate and enterprise Wide and Local Area Network services and systems.
- Other duties will include technical design reviews.
- BS Degree in related field with 9 years of related experience
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written skills and be able to present technical information in formal presentations to both internal and external customers.
- The candidate must have a concrete working knowledge of WAN technologies and protocols with emphasis on the Juniper product line as well as JNCIA and/or JNCNP certifications.
- Certifications may be waived in lieu of experience as long as certifications can be obtained post employment.
- Working knowledge of routed data layer 2 & 3 protocols, multicast, cloud services, and multi vendor hardware platforms are preferred.
- Cisco certifications preferred but not required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2018, 11:58:13 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job