The Mission Assurance Engineer will provide quality engineering support and expertise to Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems to ensure compliance with contractual, company, and regulatory requirements for the VIIRS program. Provide education and knowledge on the use of quality tools in the administration of the Quality System. Apply quality engineering skills to develop and deploy effective and efficient methods for verifying and accepting processes and products, including the use of quantitative and qualitative tools.
The Mission Assurance Engineer will; lead MRBs and be an active participant in FRBs and CABs, solve fabrication problems, collect and report predictive performance measures to indicate trends and issues, support process improvements, complete special investigations, ensure preventative and corrective actions are taken, audit manufacturing for Quality System requirements, and assess and approve product readiness for customer acceptance.
- Minimum of 4 years related professional engineering experience
- Ability to use analytical tools and methods
- Experience with technical procedures, specifications, standards, and other engineering and manufacturing documents
- Have prior experience working with suppliers and customers
- Knowledgeable of non-conforming material control and MRB
- Demonstrate good soft skills and have the ability to work within a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to write clear presentations and technical reports, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Must be able to travel as required to support external customers and suppliers
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts such as DFMA, Input-output diagrams, and SPC
- Experience in supporting design and manufacturing processes and have the ability to work within a cross-functional team environment
- Experience with AS 9100 quality management systems, and experience in aerospace-related manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in failure analyses, root cause analysis using 6s techniques such as fault trees and fishbone diagrams, and implementing and enforcing corrective actions
- Ability to collaborate and team with multiple internal functions and external organizations to provide best value solutions to our customers
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Quality
- Advanced Degrees in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Quality
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.