Armament Technician - Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
Al Udeid Air Base
The Armament Technician inspects, maintains, stores, controls, secures, and transports Tanks, Racks, Adapters, Pylons (TRAP) for the USAF WRM Prepositioning Program.
- Consistently observes and enforces all AFOSH and security standards during all maintenance operations in assigned site and temporary duty locations.
- In the event of an emergency, take necessary control and timely response actions.
- Perform the assigned maintenance workload in accordance with established technical and quality management directives.
- Maintain all equipment to maximum, serviceable standards in accordance with customer technical data, including corrosion control, to meet minimum critical levels at all times.
- Recondition, repair, and replace defective or missing parts of RAC and containers.
- Advise manager of any factors limiting maintenance capability.
- Coordinate with Supply about inventory controls.
- Verify that storage facilities provide maximum environmental protection for all equipment.
- Use technical data and the required documentation in accordance with T.O.00-5-2 and 00-20 Series; to include training of work force.
- Prepare assets for shipments in accordance with CENTAF tasking actions.
- Submit timely and accurate completion of all serviceability records.
- Store tool, replacement bench and operational stock in accordance with standards.
- Inspect, and perform minor maintenance on facilities and installed equipment.
- Maintain assigned vehicles, equipment and facilities.
- Train and supervise Foreign National and Local National staff in accordance with authorized safety and maintenance practices.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with DynCorp ISO 9001 Quality and Safety Standards.
- Perform other qualified duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the USAF Supply and Tech Order systems desirable.
- Basic knowledge of computer operation.
- Normal color perception.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance
- Able to qualify for a host nation driver's license.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of USAF technical school for combat aircraft armament systems/explosives operations.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience with armament systems and explosives operations of diverse combat aircraft.
- Previous supervisory experience with inspection, maintenance, security, transportation, and storage methods of TRAP equipment and associated hardware preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to lift and/or carry at least 30 pounds.
- Must be able to perform extensive work using handling/lifting equipment.
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- May work in Aircraft maintenance hangar or outside in austere conditions
- Required to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, crouch and work in tiring and uncomfortable position.
- International and domestic travel required
More Jobs For Veterans...