The Software Engineer [Tools, Deployment] will be responsible for supporting and deploying engineering tools or the automation of existing tools for programs within the Software Engineering Center. This position will functionally report to the Software Engineering discipline and will also coordinate activities with the IT Business Partner Lead, the SWEC Tools Strategist and software development program teams. This position will also be a member of a SWEC Tools Deployment Team.
Candidate should have knowledge or experience in one or more of these types of engineering tools:
- Unit Test and Analysis / Peer Review
- Functional, Automated Test and Test Orchestration
- Test Framework and Requirements
- Build and Development Environment / Continuous Integration
Candidate will be cross trained on the above set of tools and will be directly involved in the deployment of these tools to the program learning from an existing subject matter expert. The STS will understand a programs toolscape and program processes to manage tool integrations and maintain software currency. The candidate must possess a background of engineering tool knowledge with an enthusiasm for wanting to master “all things” about those tools and be able to share that knowledge and support tool users.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Plan and monitor tool automation implementations and maintenance activities, including integrations, configuration, upgrades, reporting needs and issue resolution
- Provide tool administration support
- Interface with program engineering teams to prioritize and quickly resolve support issues/requests
- Interface with program platform team to partner in the deployment of tools, aiding in installation instructions when needed
- Create and maintain associated dashboards and reports
- Partner with suppliers
- Identify and document best practices and training aids
***U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.***
- 4+ years as a software developer and/or software tools [range of Tools].
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, Engineering, or similar technical degree.
- Must have ability to support engineering team members in the use of engineering tools.
- Should have background in usage or support and deployment of engineering tools.
- Must have ability to manage vendor/supplier relationships.
- Should be able to multi-task, support multiple customers, and work within specific schedule and cost constraints.
- Must have demonstrated strong problem solving skills.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance with Interim Secret granted prior to start date.
- Knowledge and experience implementing DevOps tools and agile development methods.
- Continuous Integration expertise.
- IT architecture experience.
- Experience with Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) and Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) usage, licenses and limitations.
- Software or Systems Engineering Background.
- Strong teamwork skills – The ability to interact productively with end users, analysts, other Raytheon personnel, and customers in a diverse team setting.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal, presentation and verbal/written communication skills.
This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.