Seeking experienced individual to serve as the section manager for the Texas parts management section within the Component Engineering Department (CED). The department resides within the Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) in Space and Airborne Systems. Position is located in McKinney, TX. The individual must be self-motivated and able to work independently. The candidate must have proven experience in developing proposals and bids for all component efforts (Component / EEE Parts Engineering, part test, Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA) and data review, etc.) submitted to the Program. The individual must be capable of effectively interfacing with Suppliers, Program Management, Design Engineering, Supply Chain Management and Component Engineering personnel and upper management. The candidate will be expected to present part issues and resolutions in meetings with customers and Program personnel and be able to screen presentations by his / her 10 direct reports.
The individual will be working with Program Bill of Materials (BOMs) to assure completeness and accuracy. He / she will provide technical support to procurement and design engineering which includes the review of drawings and specifications to ensure technical requirements, compliance with quality, and program requirements are met. The individual will track and report status of technical issues relating to drawing and specification changes, and use of alternate parts to support manufacturing build cycle as required by various assignments. The prospective candidate should be recognized as having experience in some area of Component (EEE Parts or Mechanical Parts) Engineering using ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness to solve day--day issues and more complex problems.
- 10 years minimum of experience in engineering, manufacturing or product support
- Serves as organization spokesperson on technical matters and acts as an advisor to management, parts managers, program personnel and junior engineers
- Working knowledge of components, component failure modes, MIL specs and MIL Standards, project management and parts management
- Familiar with various commodities of EEE & Mechanical Parts and associated suppliers and applicable obsolescence issues
- Familiar with quality principles and methods of operation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products and have proficient computer skills
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance, US Citizenship
- Able to construct an elegantly written "white paper" or engineering dispositions with minimal involvement by department management
- Act independently to uncover and resolve issues
- Ability to recommend technological application to programs for the purpose of meeting short-term and long-term objectives
- Ability to work in a team environment and to handle multiple concurrent projects. Logistics and production control knowledge a plus
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Ability to make "on-the-spot" technical / programmatic decisions in situations when incomplete data is available, but other factors are available to use as guidance
- Ability to write well & concisely, yet express necessary history, problem details / specifics and proposed solution(s) for consideration by management / programs
- Ability to manage projects utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) knowledge / skills
- Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace
- Existing DoD Security Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Physics
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Master's Degree (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering)
- MBA is considered a plus after technical degrees were received
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.