General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Sr Systems Administrator
The Lead Sr. Systems Administrator will provide site management as well as provide Tier I and Tier II Helpdesk support for our Army customer in Grafenwoehr, Germany. This includes supporting various network elements during the exercise rotations.
The selected candidate shall have proven helpdesk management experience and be able to multi-task in order to provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 helpdesk supporting approximately 2000 end users in a US Army training enviroment supporting both headquarters and subordinate units. The Sr. Systems Administrator will provide Tier 2 customer support for related requirements of desktop and laptop Army Gold Master imaging, and deployment, OU management, account management, desktop support, user assistance, touch maintenance, troubleshooting and problem resolution for software applications, Smart Phones, cell phones, VTC, and laptop/desktop computer systems to include the management and sustainment of all customer-owned and operated ancillary equipment to include but not limited to printers, multi-function devices, and digital senders.
The Sr. Systems Administrator will provide dedicated joint and multinational exercise helpdesk & customer support, IMO related support up to the Tier 2 level for up to 2500 users during exercises. OU management, active directory user and Microsoft exchange account management, Microsoft Virtual Desktop Imaging, Army Gold Master imaging, and custom imaging for customer-specific networks of up to 600 systems per rotation, desktop support, user assistance, touch maintenance, inventory asset tracking, troubleshooting and problem resolution for software applications, system access, Smart Phones, VTC and to include the management and sustainment of all customer-owned and operated ancillary equipment to include but not limited to printers, multi-function devices, and digital senders.
The Sr. Systems Adminstrator will also perform operations and maintenance of the customer systems during the sustainment life cycle support and shall conduct systems operations, install security patches, and updates during authorized service windows and perform maintenance while in garrison and during mission rehearsal exercises, contingency operations, humanitarian operations in garrison and deployed locations on networks to include: NIPRNET / SIPRNET/ DSL / WIRELESS / CENTRIX / JWICS/ GCCS/ BICES/ MULTINATIONAL/COALITION/ EXERCISE / MPE and other C4 networks.
The Sr. Systems Administrator will have knowledge and experience maintaining SharePoint systems and services for the customer and manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
The candidate will performa as the helpdesk lead and be proficient in performing the following:
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration, analysis and helpdesk management.
2. The candidate must posses a current Secret/SSBI.
3. The candidate must be able to pass TESA.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#Dpost #GDITRecruiter #cjpost
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.