Korea MRO Buyer (Job Number:441500)
- Sources, negotiates and purchases facilities maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) supplies and incidental services in support of Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Tailored Logistics Prime Vendor (TL PV) MRO program – Korea region.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Researches local Korea suppliers to expand coverage across all MRO product categories as needed.
- Establishes agreements and relationships with suppliers to add them to our vendor database.
- Evaluates areas of opportunity to leverage material acquisitions.
- Prepares request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages.
- Evaluates suppliers’ proposals to determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules
- Negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up on orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records.
- Reviews agreements, negotiates terms and conditions, and works with requester and internal SAIC partners when necessary to reduce and mitigate risk to SAIC.
- Works effectively with fellow MRO team members to ensure highest levels of customer service are provided.
- Actions contribute to meeting/exceeding all key financial and contractual metrics and goals while focusing on contract compliance
- Provide customer service and customer service support to the DOD/Federal customers that are ordering materials under the existing DLA Korea MRO contract. This position requires direct contact with customers before and after the sale.
- Develops/maintains positive customer relations with existing clients and customers, and may be tasked to prospect new customer target accounts
- Works with customers, distributors, OEM’s and supply chain partners to take appropriate actions and make proper decisions to effectively develop and manage customer requirements from inquiry, to pricing, order processing, billing and effective delivery follow up.
- May provide training to customers and potential clients on SAIC integrated Logistics Toolset and associated IT software applications to government personnel.
- Problem resolution, setting proper customer expectations on SAIC capabilities, contract scope and turn-times are key to being successful in this position.
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience.
- Must be able to work independently to be successful in this position, must be self- motivated; goal-oriented; and organized.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications: Outlook, Power Point, Excel, and Word is a requirement.
- Must be able to read, speak and write in both Korean and English languages.
- Procurement, sales, logistics, distribution, manufacturing and/or computer training experience a plus.
- Experience with DLA systems (Army, Navy, Air Force, Navy/Marines logistics and/or procurement system), prior work with varying levels of personnel and management within an account/account base, a plus.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 5, 2018, 11:17:10 AM
Primary Location: Korea, Republic of-Seoul-YONGSAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job