Maintenance Production Supervisor - Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
The Maintenance Production Supervisor is responsible for overall maintenance production within the unit of assignment.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Coordinates with work center leads to ensure sufficient personnel are available to support assigned mission.
- Monitors work assignments to ensure priorities and work flow sequences agreed upon in the daily maintenance meeting are followed.
- Directs specialists/mechanics within span of control and reports of any changes to specialist/mechanics assignment of work, location, or status.
- Ensures that assigned personnel have access to and use adequate technical data during all phases of maintenance.
- Ensures personnel are trained and practice good housekeeping, tool control, supply discipline, proper disposal of materials, and safety at all times.
- Coordinates with applicable functional areas before accomplishing unscheduled engines maintenance, replacement of time change items, life support items, and/or serially controlled components.
- Monitors quality control reports and ensures that corrective measures are implemented to improve maintenance quality and prevent the development of adverse trends.
- Reviews training products for accuracy and schedules personnel for required training.
- Makes decisions related to maintenance production and resolves conflicts that cannot be resolved at lower levels.
- Coordinates production activities with supervisors of other interactive functional areas and resolves conflicts to ensure the efficient use of resources and quality production.
- Ensures there is a positive working relationship with other sections and the customer.
- Implements and actively supports quality initiatives and the safety program.
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation of maintenance actions in related forms, records and systems.
- Counsels employees as necessary and grants leave. Interviews prospective employees and assists in the selection of new employees.
- Recommends and initiates personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, and appropriate disciplinary action
- Administers and enforces applicable provisions of the effective Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough working knowledge of applicable technical publications.
- Ability to read and interpret technical data and other applicable directives.
- Extensive knowledge of systems maintenance and operations of the area assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English; good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree in a related field or combination of formal education, technical schools and practical experience may be substituted.
- Specialized applicable vehicle/aircraft maintenance courses preferred.
- Two (2) or more years’ recent experience in related aircraft maintenance with previous supervisory experience preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to work day shift, night shift, or weekend duty as required.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise, fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
More Jobs For Veterans...