Job Description: This position is for a Financial Analyst I, working within the Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) Operations, Supply Chain, and Quality (OSQ) Finance Organization.
As a member of the OSQ Finance team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Operations, Supply Chain and Quality financial and business management support of a functional organization at Raytheon Missile Systems. Scope of work includes manpower planning, EAC development, variance reporting, indirect budget management and weekly analysis of cost runs with direct support to the Program Operations Managers.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a strong fundamental understanding of the factory environment, while also working closely with multiple Program Finance offices to ensure financial targets are achieved. The ability to be self-sufficient as well as operating in a team environment, supporting both the Functional organizations as well as ensuring program financial commitments are met will be fundamental to success in this role. Business management covers a wide set of requirements, and a successful candidate will need to show flexibility in job abilities and strong communication skills. This role is supported under the general direction of the OSQ Functional Finance Managers and team leads.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Support the creation of Estimates At Complete (EACs) on a quarterly basis including costs, risks and opportunities for Factories and at the Operation Program level.
- Support cost, schedule and funding planning, reporting, monitoring, and analysis support to OSQ leaders, leadership teams, and management using standard company tools and processes.
- Support the development of program financial forecasts, monitoring of actual costs, and gathering plans and forecast variance explanations.
- Manage cost accumulation methods for direct labor including discrete charging and allocation pool charging.
- Support the preparation of cost estimates for new business proposals and assist Estimating and Program Analysts in developing rationale for basis of estimates.
- Support Factory and Program activities in the business management role including being a key participant in all organizational decisions.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in the field of Business, Finance, Management, Economics, or related filed
- Intermediate experience in the use of Microsoft Office tools, with particular emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and an enthusiastic approach
- Strong desire to work and learn in a factory production environment
- Strong organizational skills
Required Education (including Major):BA/BS in Business, Management, Mathematics, Finance, or closely related fieldThis position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Interested job seekers must apply online at to determine if they meet qualifications for specific positions and other employment requirements.
- The confidence and courage to effectively lead, present, and participate in large and small meetings and status sessions, even when having to provide bad news or disagree with management
- Experience in a factory or production environment
- Ability to quickly learn advanced financial and planning skills required by multitask requirements and to create support plans and schedules for small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Analytical skills and the ability to become proficient with main-frame style business systems where vast amounts of data require mining and analysis
- Ability to work alone and on teams in a results oriented environment to develop solutions for complex problems that will gain desired outcomes.
- Experience in a business management or finance role in a company environment
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.