Senior Test Engineer – RF / Microwave
Test Engineering provides technical expertise to numerous manufacturing and development programs within the Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) business. Our work involves electrical hardware for radar, missile, sonar, torpedo and combat systems. An opportunity exists for an engineer to join the Cabinet Integration Center (CIC) team responsible for production test at the Andover, MA facility.
This second shift position can be Salary Grade G08 (Senior Test Engineer I or G09 (Senior Test Engineer II) based on the candidate’s qualifications, skills and experience.
Primary responsibilities include supporting test and troubleshooting of RF (high power and low power), IF, Microwave, Digital and Analog cabinets for Early Warning Radar (EWR) systems. This position requires close cooperation with the Operations team and other engineering disciplines including Product Design, Test Development and Manufacturing Engineering. The candidate will possess good communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Interpreting test requirements and documenting test procedures
- Analyzing data to drive issues to root cause
- Generating Change Requests (CRs) on technical issues relating to the production test process
- Developing and executing improvement projects to increase first pass yields
- Engagement with Design and Test Development teams to solve issues impacting production
- Ensuring hardware requirements are met and processes are followed
- Assisting manufacturing operators in the testing & troubleshooting of production hardware
This US based Raytheon position requires that an individual obtain a SECRET security clearance. To be eligible for a security clearance you must be a US citizen.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 4 years test engineering related experience
- Willing to work Second Shift (typically 2 PM to 11 PM)
- Ability to travel as required
- This position requires a SECRET clearance or an Interim SECRET clearance prior to start
What’s YOUR Mission?
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to perform S-parameter testing using basic network analyzer
- Familiarity with Phase Noise measurement systems
- Experience in RF and Microwave test and troubleshooting
- A continuous improvement mindset to enhance manufacturing test methods through process modernization
- Demonstrated success working in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Active SECRET clearance
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
Follow Raytheon on YouTube
Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
Follow Raytheon Company on InstagramAre you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.