The Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) organization is looking for a highly motivated, business-focused recent college graduate to fulfill a role within IT Foundation Application Services (FAS) project office. The FAS Project Office is part of an enterprise shared-services organization, and is responsible for leading significant business transformation technology projects that span across the company, such as ERP / MRP projects, standardized engineering and manufacturing systems used across multiple business units, and significant Supply Chain or Finance improvement initiatives.
The Information Systems Technologist II will contribute to $100K to $2M high visibility internal technology projects in a fast paced environment. Participate in cross-functional, multi-business teams; collaborating at all levels of the enterprise to ensure project success and satisfied stakeholders. Engage in planning and executing the project, and enabling the internal customer organization to achieve their objectives and realize business value.
Location: Tucson, AZ; Rosslyn, VA; Billerica, MA; Richardson, TX;
Key responsibilities include:
- Participate in team activities, including technical implementation tasks, process reengineering, and organizational change activities to achieve desired results
- Contribute to project execution plans including technical requirements to achieve business objectives
- Follow established detailed processes and procedures, including Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and Raytheon’s Integrated Product Development System (IPDS)
- Identify and engage appropriate technical and business resources needed for successful project execution
- Contribute to regular project reviews with customers and stakeholders, including senior IT and business leaders
- Build effective internal and external relationships to accomplish project objectives with strict adherence to corporate policy and procedure
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to team members
US Citizenship Required: This position requires access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship. Required Skills:
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 2 years of progressive relevant experience
- Experience with IT solution architectures, including software development, software configuration and integration, and IT infrastructure implementations
- Exposure to cross-functional, multi-business teams; collaboration at all levels of an enterprise to ensure project success and satisfy stakeholders
- Skill leading and participating in virtual meetings
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications (i.e., Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Frequent US travel is commonly required to support project activities with geographically distributed teams
- Business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Experience in IT projects using Raytheon IT IPDS.
- Exposure to formal project management methodologies, including EVMS
- Project Management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Master’s Degree
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or related discipline by Dec 2018 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date. Please upload a copy of your most recent transcript when applying to this position.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.