This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a principal software test and verification engineer. The successful candidate must have experience detecting and troubleshooting failures on complex software systems that involve integration with firmware and hardware through the use of unit, integration, simulators, mocking, and system level tests. The test engineer will develop and execute detailed test plans, cases, scenarios, and procedures based on the software requirements and design as well as hardware, firmware, and system level requirements. The engineer will also prepare detailed work estimates for work performed, ensure build/release quality by adhering to program quality standards, prepare documentation for Test Readiness Reviews (TRR) including qualification testing, and provide content for test status reports. Work will be conducted in conjunction with software development, algorithm development, hardware development, and system engineering teams and may entail customer interaction such as performing witness testing
Required Education and Experience:
• BS degree in engineering, computer science, or related field with at least 8 years of experience with test and verification is required.
• Experience must include developing and executing test plans and procedures.
• Candidate must have experience working with prototype and production systems and be familiar with SOA based software.
• Experience testing complex systems deployed to multiple sites is required.
• Ability and willingness to obtain a US Government security clearance is required. US citizenship is required.
• This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
• Ability to access to US only data systems.
• Over 2 years of experience leading a team of test engineers is strongly preferred.
• 4+ years of UNIX and/or LINUX experience.
• 5+ years of experience with shell scripting, Python, or Perl
• Experience using GIT code repositories
• Experience with continuous build and test environments such as Jenkins or Travis
• Experience debugging and performing code reviews for C, C++ or Java code
• Experience performing integration testing on software systems that involve hardware and firmware
• Basic familiarity with MATLAB and performing simple analysis and file operations
• Experience with software process and test case management tools such as JIRA and Confluence or equivalents.
• Experience with Navy (or other DOD) deployed systems, especially with testing of flight or ship qualified systems.
• Experience with Real-time operating systems, especially real-time Linux.
• Experience with automated test software, including development of test cases for system test and verification.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
• Automated Testing Tool experience is a plus.
• An active SECRET security clearance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.