U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a Sr. Embedded Systems Software Engineer with experience in real-time systems development to join their Physical Systems & Sciences business unit Cambridge, MA.
The successful candidate will have experience in the design, documentation, development and integration of highly complex, real-time, embedded systems, including laboratory and field testing. Experience with sensor systems a plus. Candidate will also be expected to support new business development by writing proposals and making presentations to prospective customers. These projects may be sponsored by the Department of Defense, other Federal Government agencies or various commercial organizations.
We offer an exciting, fast paced, collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute to industry-leading research. Career growth is encouraged through support for publications and participation in professional conferences, on-site training, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement. BBN offers a 401K matching plan, retirement contributions, and performance-based incentives.
Required Education and Experience
• BS degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 6 years software background and hardware experience; or MS degree with 4 years; or recent PhD.
• Proficiency in C/C++ in a Unix environment and MATLAB
• Active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level
Desired Education and Experience
• Advanced degree desired.
• 2 years of relevant experience with embedded systems.
• Java and Python experience desired.
• Active Top Secret/SSBI clearance
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.