General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
GDIT has a unique opportunity for a highly motivated team member to join our small business focused team in standing up a new network for the US Government and Industry. GDIT is building, deploying and operating this new business-to-business service and is currently developing the procedures, policies and systems to support the effort. We are looking for a candidate that wants to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new program and play a key role in contributing, managing, and developing the installation of new servers, workstations, communications infrastructure, ticketing systems along with the procedures/policies to deliver a quality experience to our end users. You will work as part of a small highly skilled team implementing a high priority project with significant growth over the coming years.
GDIT has selected ServiceNow as the ticketing, asset management and account management system. ServiceNow experience is preferred but ServiceNow is an alliance partner and training is available to those who can show an ability to pick up the concepts quickly.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Prefered ServiceNow experience
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.