Electro-Optical Engineer, Staff
Job ID: 458585BR
Date posted: Nov. 06, 2018
Description:Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company's Optical Payload Center of Excellence is seeking a candidate to support the Next Gen OPIR Block 1 Electro-Optical (EO) Payload development with a focus on focal plane/sensor signal chain for space applications. The individual will be associated with the full end-to-end signal chain electronics, driving focal planes, transferring data, and processing for advanced 2D sensor arrays and line scanners. The lead will be responsible for: (a) working with Systems Engineering and subcontractors to develop specifications; (b) assuring electronic circuitry designs and optical components with specific characteristics fit within specified mechanical & power limits and perform according to specifications, (c) leading a team developing designs, analyzes, and tests for optical and electro-optical systems and components. The position will be part of the Optical Payload Center of Excellence to execute the Next Generation OPIR efforts. Candidate will oversee subcontractor efforts and communicate results through technical reports and presentations. Candidate will participate in proposal activities, program reviews, and support customer engagement.
• Background in electro-optic sensors and/or electronics
• Experience with imaging focal planes and relevant performance parameters
• Practical and theoretical knowledge of laboratory hardware for electro-optical sensor and component characterization
• Experience with integration, test and verification of electronics and sensor systems
• Experience with electronics processor requirements and usage
• Experience deriving requirements and writing specifications based on customer requirements.
• Experience in the development of verification plans and approaches to support development.
• Good communication skills
• Willingness to travel
• Ability to obtain a security
• Advanced degree in electro-optics, electrical engineering, or related field.
• Space Based EO sensor signal chain design experience
• Space hardware experience
• Radiation testing and qualification of electro-optical hardware
• Technical management experience
•Integrated Product Team Lead, or Subcontract Manager Experience on a development program
• Expert in digital electronics design, especially high speed serial interfaces (Gbps class), signal integrity, and timing
• Knowledge of focal plane suppliers and products
• Experienced in architecture definition, system design, debug and test of aerospace systems.
• Experience with FPGAs/ASICs for high-reliability applications
• Experience developing RTL utilizing a hardware description language (e.g. VHDL, Verilog, and/or SystemVerilog) and debug the design via simulation tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Electro-Optical Engineering
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2