Job ID: 448333BR
Date posted: Aug. 30, 2018
City: Fort Worth
Description:The Lockheed Martin Enterprise IT Data Analysis Team is looking for an enthusiastic individual with a strong background in data analytics to join the team, develop actionable metrics to make data-based decisions and analyze trends across Lockheed Martin.
This position will report to the Directorate of Analytics and will need to partner with multiple functions (operations, finance, competitive intelligence, business development, etc.) to apply data analytics tools and techniques to real-world challenges within the corporation. The selected candidate will leverage strong data analysis skills from every step of the analytics pipeline (collection, wrangling, cleaning, analysis, visualization, presentation) in order to achieve success in his/her projects. Tools and technologies which the candidate will use include LM Wisdom, Nuix, Brianspace, Tableau, Python, and various forms of machine learning. The candidate will need to master these tools to the extent that he/she can contribute to requirements for their continued development and interoperability. The majority of the analysis performed will be on unstructured text.
Other responsibilities include consulting with analysts on other teams in the corporation to enable them to make use of the tools and technologies used by the Data Analysis Team, training individuals throughout the corporation on those tools and technologies, and report creation for internal customers on data analysis projects. Data analysis projects will range from the highly technical (straight scripting) to the qualitative (political analysis). Occasional domestic travel may be required. Must be a US citizen.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an analytical discipline
• Experience with parts of the data analytics pipeline, such as data collection, wrangling, cleaning, analysis, visualization, presentation
• Experience generating and analyzing metrics to identify trends and conclusions
• Proven ability to think creatively about data analysis
• Proven potential to code using a scripting language such as Python or R and/or use APIs to access data and data analysis capabilities
• Experience with key driver analysis
• Experience with open-source intelligence projects
• Experience with machine learning
• Experience with consulting
• Team player, enjoys working on a collaborative team
• Detail-oriented with effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Experience with analytical tools such as Brainspace, Nuix, or Tableau
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS2100 ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICES
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Information Technology
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: yes
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day