Electronics Engineer, Staff
Job ID: 458583BR
Date posted: Nov. 06, 2018
Description:Lockheed Martin Optical Payload Center of Excellence is seeking candidates with an exceptional imaging electronics record in optical payloads for space. The electronics CPE (or SME) will work collaboratively with thermal, optical, mechanical, opto-mechanical and electrical engineers in house and remotely at subcontractor facilities to develop a high-bandwidth signal chain solution for an advanced sensor array. The CPE will direct architecture trade studies that balance performance, cost and schedule requirements. The CPE will work across integrated product teams to ensure interfaces and requirements are completely and correctly specified and that a validation and verification plan is in place to fully qualify the signal chain hardware for the operational environment.
• Background in electro-optic sensors and/or electronics
• Strong understanding of digital electronics, especially high speed serial interfaces (Gbps class), signal integrity, and timing
• Familiarity with processing techniques for enhanced performance and data reduction (calibration, noise reduction, compression, etc)
• Familiarity with integration, test and verification of electronics and sensor systems
• Experience deriving requirements and writing specifications based on customer requirements.
• Experience in the development of verification plans and approaches to support development.
• Strong systems engineering skills, to include multidisciplinary collaboration (thermal, mechanical, dynamics, etc), technical leadership, and technical writing
• Experience with technical and programmatic interaction with subcontractors.
• Good communication skills
• Willingness to travel
• Ability to obtain a security
• Experience with Si-PIN based imaging focal planes and relevant performance parameter• Space Based EO sensor electronics design experience
• Space hardware experience
• Technical management experience
• Integrated Product Team Lead, or Subcontract Manager Experience on a development program
• Expertise with implementation of processing techniques onto FPGAs
• Experience delivering flight hardware as CPE or delegate CPE
• Knowledge of optical payload electronics suppliers and products
• Experienced in architecture definition, system design, debug and test of aerospace systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Electrical Engineering
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2