District of Columbia
Senior Data Scientist (Job Number:441640)
- SAIC is seeking a Senior Data Scientist with extensive knowledge and experience in data analytics.
- Independently performs complex data analytics tasks involving the application of advanced data mining principles, practices, and techniques which require extensive knowledge of customer data domains.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and integrates data mining solutions to complex and diverse problem sets.
- Provide technical expertise to data analytics team as well as to the customer(s)
- Integration with data analytics platforms including Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop is needed.
- Practices the application of optimum data mining techniques in accordance with customer specifications, quality standards, schedule, and funding guidelines.
- Delivers technical presentations to senior management and customers.
- Serves as primary customer point of contact on data analytics projects or programs and advises all stakeholders on advanced data mining and technical matters, research, and applications.
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to analyze, model and interpret data.
- Transform, improve and integrate data, depending on the USDA’s mission requirements.
- Combine the data result sets across multiple sources
- Design and implement new analytics & dashboards to enable enhanced tracking for the executive.
- May perform as a project/technical lead on data mining projects.
- Participates in technical scope definition and negotiations.
- Develops and delivers data mining courses.
- May provide direction to Junior Data Scientists.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and at 5 years' related experience.
- Experience in Data Mining, predictive analysis, and/or machine learning.
- Experience with visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data.
- Ability to look at numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Experience with working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 6, 2018, 9:01:55 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job