Sr. System Engineer (Job Number:441665)
SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with a strong background in the Army’s Mission Command Systems and Command Post (CP) / Tactical Operations Center (TOC) platforms to support numerous Department of Defense customers at Ft Bliss, TX.
- The Sr Systems Engineer will join SAIC’s Advanced Integration Team and will be responsible for prototype platform design and configuration, systems integration, troubleshooting and issue resolution, monitoring the development of critical data products, software interoperability and providing support to the installation, integration, and fielding of key network systems to assigned command post platforms.
- Successful candidates should possess a strong working knowledge of Mission Command (MC) systems from Company to Division level.
- MC systems will include, but may not be limited to, the following Upper and Lower Tactical Internet systems; WIN T INC 1 & 2 systems, Force XXI Battle Command Brigade and Below (FBCB2), Command Post of the Future (CPOF), Joint Battle Command-Platform (JBC-P), Distributed Command Ground System Army (DCGS A), Tactical Radios and other tactical communications equipment commonly used in Army and Joint Exercises.
- The Sr Systems Engineer will support the development of Mission Command platform prototype designs that will be used in various experimentation, demonstration and test events.
- These Technical Design Packages, will include both data and voice networks and will consist of System Interconnect Diagrams, Top-Down Diagrams and a Bill of Materials (BOM) for each master design.
- The Sr Systems Engineer will guide the design products through the Engineering Review Board (ERB) process with a thorough understanding of the operational and technical requirements.
- The Sr Systems Engineer will be required to coordinate with other government and non- government organizations to collaboratively determine acceptable system of systems designs, availability of logistics to support designs and conduct special projects and field testing.
- This position will also require the Sr Systems Engineer to provide direction to junior personnel in the areas of design and integration for numerous projects.
- This position will require the ability to write effectively for the development of plans for special projects and to report out on the statuses of those projects.
- Writing will include significant inputs to system technical assessments and reports that reflect upon the design, integration and field supportability of systems brought into Command Post platforms.
- The Sr Systems Engineer will interface daily with SAIC team members, other employees on related projects, soldiers, government stakeholders and external customers to accomplish mission and program objectives.
- The Sr Systems Engineer will be able to participate in and professionally manage operational and technical working groups, capture requirements and articulate them into readable formats such as executive summaries and briefing charts.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field and five (5) years or more of relevant experience; Masters in Computer Science or a related field and three (3) years or more of relevant experience; PhD and 0-1 or more years of relevant experience.
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability to work long hours in austere conditions with minimal support
- Be able to lift 20 – 40 lbs
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Prior military service at Battalion, Brigade or Division levels
- Familiar with MC systems to include WIN-T Inc 1 & 2 systems, FBCB2, CPOF, Joint Battle Command- Platform (JBC-P), and Distributed Command Ground System Army (DCGS-A)
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Experience supporting DoD experimentation, demonstration and test
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 6, 2018, 4:46:16 PM
Primary Location: United States-TX-EL PASO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job