full-time employee contract
Basic Program Overview:
ManTech is seeking talented engineers with skills and background related to project engineering and project management of launch vehicle and/or satellite systems in the areas of aerospace structures, subsystems, and components. Knowledge of metallic and composite structures.
• General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide systems and technical engineering support to the Air Force space launch program.
• Participate in system, sub-system and component design reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, SVR), test and manufacturing readiness reviews; develop and present reports summarizing assessments and results. Collect and track to closure all actions resulting from reviews; Requests for Information and Review Item Discrepancies. Coordinate approval of reports and generate system-level risks from these design reviews.
• Participate in technical Working Group and Technical Interchange Meetings. Coordinate with team members to establish meeting agendas and publish meeting minutes.
• Assess and evaluate item test plans against applicable standards.
• Evaluate and track system, sub-system, and component issues, risks, and configuration changes.
• Coordinate, plan, and support in Chief Engineering Review Boards (ChERB) or other technical reviews as required.
• Applying knowledge of item design, qualification test results, and manufacturing, to evaluate the suitability and risk of the resulting item.
• Work with manufacturing and quality engineers to assess and evaluate manufacturing plans against applicable standards.
• Consolidate and coordinate reports, data products, and notes from multiple team members into a single formal report on a routine basis.
• Assist AF customer create briefing packages suitable for senior management.
• Review the New Entrant process changes to determine impact to process stability
• Interface with multiple team and government organizations - coordinate multi-agency reports and studies to apply to current Air Force efforts.
Mandatory Skills Requirement:
• Strong work ethic, self-starter. Able to work independently.
• Strong team player
• Analytical and critical thinking skills
• Knowledge of metallic and composite structures
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Knowledge and experience with government and commercial industry standards applicable to launch vehicles.
• Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
• Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Word, PowerPoint and Project tools.
• Excellent presentation skills
Other Sills Preferred:
• A strong background in Systems Engineering concepts, and launch or satellite systems is highly desired.