full-time employee contract
The candidate shall support work on-site at PAFB and/or Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS) and mission temporary duty locations coordinating, training and facilitating DOD operational and tactical level mission support to NASA. The contractor shall support the employment of air mobility assets (C-130 or C-17) to facilitate short- and long-range astronaut rescue operations following either an Orion or CCP contingency land landing or splashdown at-sea.
Support and employ of air mobility (C-130 and C-17) assets to facilitate rescue operations following either an Orion or CCP contingency land or water landing. AMO duties will include collaborating and working with USSTRATCOM, NASA, Air Mobility Command, TACC, Navy, and Guardian Angels, to enhance air mobility operations supporting personnel recovery interoperability and tactics, effective communication capability, standardization, integration, and safety across mission partners. AMO will develop air mobility plans assist in airdrop or airlift procedures development with rescue forces and mobility aircraft and aircrews.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• 10 years of experience as a C-17 or C-130 rated-officer. Achieved qualification as Instructor in airdrop operations
• Possess an expert knowledge of mobility (C-130 or C-17) airlift instructions and aircraft capabilities and employment.
• Possess a working knowledge of Global Decision Support System operations, Special Assignment Airlift Mission operations, and Tanker Airlift Control Center operation
• Ability to create/revise air mobility tactics, techniques and procedures.
• Ability to develop standard operating procedures and associated documents
• Ability to develop checklist or similar products for use during development test, training and mission execution
• Ability to manage, coordinate, and execute support regarding operations to recover the astronauts and the crew module at Orion nominal end-of-mission and, if necessary, rescue astronauts in the event of a post-splashdown contingency.
• Ability to prepare and evaluate Management Plans (PMP) and Concept of Operations (ConOps) in order to facilitate operations for recovery of the astronauts and the Commercial Crew Program (CCP) and NASA Orion Program vehicles, includes planning, training, and mission execution efforts.
• Ability to schedule, coordinate and collaborate with DoD, NASA and the Navy to ensure availability of required support equipment and associated procedures for astronaut recovery, rescue, and crew module recovery in multiple sea conditions.
• Ability to develop written courseware, presentations, procedures, and checklists used to provide mission-specific training/orientation for Astronaut Survival Operations personnel.
Other Skills Preferred:
• Previous experience as a C-17 pilot who achieved qualification as an Evaluator in airdrop operation
• Possess strong interpersonal skills, be very adaptable to change and have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with a diverse group of contractor and Government employees, and possess strong organizational skills
• Some travel may be required for this position
• Excellent organizational, leadership, and verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills