full-time employee contract
Cyber Action Officer
We have a current job opportunity for a Cyber Action Officer on the DISA GSM-O program supporting the DISA Command Center (DCC) Network Assurance embedded with DISA Headquarters, Fort Meade, MD. GSM-O provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) insupport of the DoD and CoCOMs.
• Maintain situational awareness of cyber activity by reviewing DoD, Intelligence Community and open source reporting for new vulnerabilities, malware or other threats that have the potential to impact the DoDIN.
• Serve as a lead for planning, coordination, implementation, validation, mitigation, and compliance of cybersecurity tasks.
• Prepare and present senior level briefings to share information and status.
• Resolve problems with functionality or performance.
• Prepare orders for staffing and release and serve as main POC for inquiries and communications after order release.
• Support mission-critical Continuity of Operations (COOP).
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent) with the ability to obtain CSSP-A certification within 4 months of the start date.
- Hold and maintain an active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Proficient understanding of Cyber Network Defense (CND) in regards to protect, detect, respond and sustain within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with DISA and DoDNetworks.
- Advanced Certifications suchas SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP.
- Experience in intelligence driven defense and/or cyber Kill Chain methodology.
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Shift: Day Job
Clearance Level: Top Secret w/SCI eligibility (Mandatory)
POC: Please apply on-line and contact our recruiter, Mark Aschenbach, firstname.lastname@example.org, (703) 488-2073