Whether aloft in the skies aboard a fighter jet protecting the skies or an airborne surveillance platform monitoring developments on the ground, Raytheon’s Secure Sensor Solutions (S3) mission area is responsible for providing advanced capabilities for multiple types of tactical aircraft and other platforms. We provide the most advanced systems to navigate in challenging environments, and ensure mission success.
Part of Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems business, S3 provides capabilities that enable critical tasks---from target identification, aircraft navigation, and target engagement.
With our systems, warfighters know where they are going and what they are going to do when they get there.
The GPS & Navigation Systems (GNS) product line is responsible for providing U.S. and coalition forces with accurate GPS navigation capability to successfully achieve their missions—free of disruption and jamming. GNS solutions equip manned aircraft, precision weapons, and ground systems.
These products include anti-jam systems, integrated GPS/INS navigators, high performance Selective Availability Anti-Spoof Module (SAASM) receivers, and Military Code (M-Code) receivers.
GNS capabilities include:
- Front-end system analysis and modeling
- System protection
- Advanced navigation and receivers
- Design, development, and integration
- Functional, performance, and environmental testing
- High-reliability production
- Depot maintenance
- World-class test and evaluation facilities
- Full line of Anti-jam products
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Center is seeking a talented Systems Engineer to join the GPS & Navigation Department as a GPS system test equipment lead.
The successful candidate will be experienced at leading hardware, software, and system development efforts necessary to propose, implement, verify, and deliver GPS test equipment to test GPS Receiver systems. The candidate needs to be a critical thinker, with experience in how the CONOPS and requirements baselines affect all aspects of product development, verification and validation, and production.
The GPS test equipment lead will work closely with the program office, chief engineer, functional engineering, and business development during all phases of program and must be effective at communicating and building trust with senior management and customers. The successful candidate must be a proven and effective leader driving technical integrity in the engineering team's products and behaviors, while ensuring program execution to plan within cost and schedule.Required Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years of Systems Engineering or equivalent Engineering experience (unit/module test and integration, embedded software and/or hardware test and integration)
- Familiarity with requirements development, analysis, derivations, verification and/or validation
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to engage effectively with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and logistics engineers
- Experience in leading a small team throughout test system development life cycle
- Familiarity with requirements analysis tools (e.g., DOORS) and peer review products
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience with GPS and navigation techniques
- Experience in RF or Communication system development and test
- Experience in decomposing system requirement to test requirement and lead test system development
- Experience in test equipment hardware and software integration
- Experience in digital circuit card assembly (CCA) test and boundary scan implementation
- Experience in test equipment selloff for production utilization
- Experience managing electronics programs and suppliers
- Qualified Six Sigma Specialist
: Bachelors of Science degree (BS) in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or related technical field; Advanced degree(s) preferred
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.