This opportunity is for the Operations Lead role within the Surveillance and Targeting Systems (STS) Product line which resides within the Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems Mission Area. In this position the Operations lead will partner with Program Management, Customers, and other supporting functions to shape, develop and execute the strategies and objectives of the product line. This role will include all areas of operations to include: a) the front end of the business, supporting proposal activity and new business planning to ensure successful execution of production contracts and b) teaming with factory operations to ensure successful execution of production and depot contracts.
This position is responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of business area production. Provide management and coordination in support of the production and testing of various business area products at multiple sites. This position will be accountable for operations strategy, driving successful transition to production, providing operations proposal support, developing and approving EACs and ensuring appropriate staffing. Assure consistent application of common processes; drive requirement standards for full suite of business area customer sets to achieve maximum commonality for the Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business area and Raytheon. Develops business area Ops priorities in support of program deliveries. Drives cross-functional teams to realize significant improvements in value stream performance. Accountable for program/business area On-Time Schedule performance. Builds an agile high performance work team through training, skill set expansion and employee mentoring and coaching. Provide Operational services across all functional and business boundaries, and insure commonality.
- Minimum of 12 years of program operations, management, operations or related experience
- Defense Industry experience
- Control Account Management experience
- Must be able to develop and manage all common processes necessary to execute predictable product delivery and execution of STS strategy and goals in a fast paced, high mix, low volume made to order manufacturing environment
- Experience in supervising and driving the day-to-day activities of a diverse & cross functional team in a healthy, robust matrixed environment
- Required to lead Cross Product Team meetings
- Must understand configuration management and engineering change processes
- Must be able to proactively identify and execute opportunities for process and yield improvement, and supportive of business initiatives including Raytheon Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing
- Proven capability to analyze and use metrics and to convey these metrics in an intelligible manner to team, leadership and other relevant parties
- Must have an existing DOD Secret Clearance
- Competence with MS Office and Project applications
- Insure proper resources are available, priorities established and communication occurs with all CPT members/key stakeholders
- Able to promote and understand the value of diversity to the business
- Demonstrates accountability, initiative, persistence and creativity in problem solving
- Understands the value of communication and keeps the team, leadership and other relevant parties fully informed of performance, gaps and success
- Utilize proper corrective actions, discipline and rewards and recognitions consistent with policy
- EVMS training and/or Certification
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, team building, change management and team leadership experience and able to work with minimum direct supervision.
- Ability to influence development of project objectives and goals.
- 5 years of factory management experience
- 5 years of operations management experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical fieldDesired Education:
Masters of Science Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.