The Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) division of Raytheon is seeking an engineering leader with experience in Muti-Spectral Targeting System (MTS) production and development programs. The individual must be self-motivated and have the ability to interface with Engineering, Production Managers, Supply Chain Managers, Suppliers/Sub-Contractors, Program Management, and Operations assembly and test personnel. Duties include leading, coordinating, and setting daily priorities for cross discipline engineering sustaining functions including Electrical, Mechanical, Optical, and Reliability Engineers supporting multiple MTS production variants. Candidate must lead troubleshooting and resolving issues on deliverable product; verifying and validating component performance to specifications; and defining and implementing design or process improvements. This position will reside in a SAS Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) department that supports the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems (ISRS) Mission Area.
The Engineering Leader will perform at a high operational tempo and demonstrate an ability to react quickly to changes in both the plan and/or priorities. Responsibilities include providing technical leadership and solutions to Suppliers, Test and Cycle time improvements, and cross training team membership.
Job related activities include:
- Technical oversight for the assembly and testing of Raytheon built hardware
- Coordinating efforts and determining priority of the sustaining engineering functions: Electrical, Mechanical, Optical, and Reliability Engineers to meet day to day factory demands
- Cross-functional team collaboration and partnering for cycle time and cost reduction improvements
- Manage the engineering training program for new engineers to the team as well as cross training team members
- Assisting in non-standard troubleshooting; more complex failure mode resolution
- Coordinate efforts between system and sub-assembly level troubleshooting
- Drive technical decisions when there are conflicting views within sustaining engineering or escalate to the PACE
- Work with Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTL’s) to assist in their Design, Verticality and Test/Build Process improvement projects
- Engineering leadership and successful solution implementation.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Electrical Engineering development, Integration and Test, and production of hardware
- Theory of Operation and experience with MTS EO/IR systems in a production environment.
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities on multiple tasks
- Ability to manage suppliers and sub-contractors and requirements flowdown
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to lead cross discipline engineering teams
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Cost Reduction Initiatives (CRI) experience
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Cost Account Management (CAM), Basis of Estimate (BOE) generation for proposals experience
Minimum of a B.S. in Electrical EngineeringDesired Education:
Advanced degree in a related fieldBusiness Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Space And Airborne Systems
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.