TX - McKinney
Sr Electrical Engineer I
The Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) division of Raytheon is seeking an engineering leader with experience in Muti-Spectral Targeting System (MTS) and Q27/Q29 Mission Support programs. The individual must be self-motivated and have the ability to interface with Engineering, Raytheon Field Service Engineers, Supply Chain Managers, Suppliers/Sub-Contractors, Program Management, and Fleet Readiness Center Southeast (FRCSE) assembly and test personnel. Duties include leading, coordinating, and setting priorities for cross discipline engineering sustaining functions including Electrical, Mechanical, and Reliability Engineers supporting multiple MTS, Q27 and Q29 mission support variants repaired at NAS Jacksonville. Candidate must lead troubleshooting and resolving issues on deliverable product; verifying and validating component performance to specifications; and defining and implementing design or process improvements. The applicant will be required to travel to NAS Jacksonville, Fl. This position will reside in a SAS Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) department that supports the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems (ISRS) Mission Area.
The Engineering Leader will perform at a high operational tempo and demonstrate an ability to react quickly to changes in both the plan and/or priorities. Responsibilities include providing technical leadership and solutions to Suppliers, Test and Cycle time improvements, and cross training team membership.
Job related activities include:
- Technical oversight for the assembly and testing of Raytheon built hardware
- Coordinating efforts and determining priority of the sustaining engineering functions: Electrical, Mechanical, Optical, and Reliability Engineers to meet day to day factory demands
- Cross-functional team collaboration and partnering for cycle time and cost reduction improvements
- Manage the engineering training program for new engineers to the team as well as cross training team members
- Assisting in non-standard troubleshooting; more complex failure mode resolution
- Coordinate efforts between system and sub-assembly level troubleshooting
- Work with Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTL’s) to assist in program direction.
- Engineering leadership and successful solution implementation.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Electrical Engineering development, Integration and Test, and production of hardware
- Cost Account Management.
- Theory of Operation and experience with MTS and Q-27/Q29 EO/IR systems in a Mission Support environment.
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities on multiple tasks
- Ability to interface with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to lead cross discipline engineering teams
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Cost Reduction Initiatives (CRI) experience
- R6Sigma Specialist
- Active Secret-Current Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Basis of Estimate (BOE) generation for proposals experience
- Minimum of a B.S. in Electrical Engineering
Advanced degree in a related field
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Space And Airborne Systems
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.